Sign in to follow this  
aposegil

how much difference is it really going to make? G60 question

Hello guys

Ive been asked how much differnence there is with my intercooler setup on the G60 lump and to tell u the truth i dont know the honest answer

1 is because ive never had a G60 on standard G60 intercooler

2 im just about to start running in the charger

but for those of you running FMI like mine and with direct airflow did you notice a huge difference

perosnally i think there should be as my intercooler (forgemotorsport) is a excellent piece of kit always nice and cold and when i was running it on the 16vg60 the intake to the intercooler used to the be hot and outlet would be nice and cold so i know its effiecient

so whats your guys opinion

oh and for you guys to get a idea of my pipe work

its rallye outlet

then 2.5" all the way upto the normal G60 inlet pipe that holds the copot sensor

so should flow pritty well

I've got a van 'cooler on my 2.0 G60 valver,i tried using a delta int. 'cooler and the difference in less lag was quite noticeable when compared to the large FMIC,my engine's running the standard C/R of around 10.8/1 and i've had no pinking issues,the engine def. pinked when using the delta's 'cooler.

I've got the same diameter pipes on my engine.

AFAIK - quality front mount cooler may add another 7 or 8 BHP.

Difference will be more noticable at speed - due to extra "wind chill" cooling effect

I have a question.... Someone just gave me for free an intercooler and I don't know if it can be fitted in my corrado. It is 280x220x5 (cm)... the intake pipe diameter is 2". Is it large enough for the airflow?

Alex, a front mount intercooler changes a g60 so much, it gets more constant boost

@Tristan, that looks like it could work quite nicely

In my opinion it is by far the best mod to carry out on any corrado g60.

Along with the oil cooler, def stops the scary temps coming1

well charger finally on and omg it sounds lovely and drive perfectly

not very loud at all but it is on standard pulley

as well for interccoler its doing its job perfectly went for a long drive touched the outlet pipe and nice and cold

but the thing im most happy about u look at the engine bay and looks standard but off course underneath it all got full silicone hoses etc

now just a few wires to tied up put the oil preassure sender back in and good clean and its good to go in the forsale section

oh not forgetting the pics :) ill post up how ive done it but im very proud everything sits perfectly