Sign in to follow this  
White2505

fuel injector fixing

okay this may sound like a stupid question but how are the fuel injectors fixed in?

I just got a killer deal for a set of replacement fuel inectors, I looked at getting the old ones out and they just rotated around and around. Then I realised they wern't held in by anything other than friction and a good tug on them just pulled them straight out of the seat :o .

This surely cant be right so what am I missing and how much is it likely to cost :roll:

Some were fixed with c-shaped clips that were sods to remove,most Audi 2.0 mills also had these clips as did the2.0 9A engine,there not essential what's more important are the large green o-rings,always re-new them because they will be rock hard after 12+ years of engine heat,especially valver engines,most cases of valver engines not idling properly are down to those rings letting un-metered air past.

I just got a killer deal for a set of replacement fuel inectors, I looked at getting the old ones out and they just rotated around and around. Then I realised they wern't held in by anything other than friction and a good tug on them just pulled them straight out of the seat Surprised .

Thats right, just an O ring I think - makes it easier if you take them out while the engine is still warm...

Ahhhh,

kerching (sound of light bulb going on overhead!!)

I have ordered fresh o rings from gsf which did not arive today so used the old ones as a temporary measure. The old injectors were definately S*****d as the replacements even with the manky and hard old o rings are a fairly dramatic improvement in tractability and acceleration (will never know now whether the mercedes injectors were a performance improvemnt over standard as the old ones were SO bad.

Once the new o rings are fitted I'll be much happier but it still seems a bit wierd that the injectors just press home and are otherwise unsecured!!