Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

Oil burning when startup cold

so my car burns oil when it starts up it gives me a nice cloud of the bluish stuff when I crank it over and its cold. could my need for a supercharger rebuild cause this? could I be blowing that much oil into my intake system, only getting 10PSI out of specs listed below, I am taking it out next weekend. I did notice a bit of oil in my boost gauge vacuum line (nylon see thru). anyone? I just had the headgasket replaced, bad seal on the oil feed? ONLY at startup rev a few times and it goes away. no burning after that.

i would say valve guides or seals allowing oil to drip into the cylinders while its stood , sometimes if stood on tick over for a while it can smoke as you pull away

can I do the valve guides without pulling off the head again? and is it the valve guides or the valve stem seal?

talked to the guys at the machine shop and they said that i could do it with the cylinder in the top position for each cylinder. I just have to press on something and pull the retaining clips out and do other stuff.... anyone know how to do this in detail and does the bentley have the instructions in it? cause Im shooting in the dark here.