Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

Bottom End Bearing Liners

Does anybody know where i can get a set of big end bearing caps / Liners for my g60 engine, i am thinking of changing my ones soon just as a precaution.... 8)

Cheers

Use the original bearing caps as they are matched to the block from the factory. Replace all the retaining bolts with new OE items as reusing them is not ideal as you will not get accurate torque readings when refitting them.

Bearing shells from VAG cost a small fortune, we get the same items for a fraction of the price as we buy them in bulk and you do not have to pay an extra 40 quid for VAG to put them into their own box.

ahhh i think i want the bits that go inside them , the actual bearing halves? the bits that go between the big end and the bearing cap??

they're the shells...

GSF and ECP both sell 'em at a reasonable cost, although I'd be tempted to use MKIII TDI ones (IIRC) which are uprated... ;)

speak to Darren at G-Werks to confirm, but I'm pretty certain that it's MKIII TDI shells I put in my G60 when I re-did them last time, and mine uses the standard G60 crank... 8)

Will have to have a word with him then... i like the word "uprated", especially when the G60 engine is involved... :)

Cheers for that!

Will have to have a word with him then... i like the word "uprated", especially when the G60 engine is involved... :)

Cheers for that!

hey mike did you get your car set up yesterday then? :D

Nah mate, the 65mm toothed pulley kits arent in yet... :( so the car wont go in untill they get delivered to G-werks, darren has said he will try and fit me in as soon as the kits come.. but wasnt sure when this would be as the people who are making them apparently had already sent them last week??

Still, better to wait and get exactly what i want. :)

How is yours going anyway?

Have ya got your name down for the Corrado Rolling Road Session next year mate :) Prob quite a trek for you though hey...

all good, done 220 miles so far not boosting,, even so its noticibly more eager to rev and more responsive, only been up to 4k revs,, now i have to sort my fuelling out and all will be good,, think i am gonna be busy with my wideband this weekend!!! :wink: