Sign in to follow this  
flusted

Throttlebody differences throughout the vw range

Took pics of my tbs ive been collecting over the years to show people the differences.

Heres pics of tbs from left to right,from a mk1,mk2 8v/16v & porsche 924s

Also included pics of standard 16v tb(notice size of spindle and screws on small butterfly)

Then flowed tb with machined spindles and countersunk screws!

I fitted a standard audi 2l 16v tb on mine today,replacing the flowed 1 and the car has no throttle response wot so ever and feels so gutless until you open up the second butterfly.This is because the small butterfly obviouslt poses as a restriction with the big spindle and big screws

You want a large 1 mate?,i fitted a dellorto butterfly on my old turboed golf 2 16 valve,this was originally fitted to the old alfa 155 TS,,same component fitted to alfa's 164 turbo v6,the Vr6's butterfly is almost identical to a Lancia Delta integrale's 1, more or less the same dia.,if you want even bigger try and find a ford sierra cosworth rs500's 3inch throttle butterfly,i'll post you up some pictures i have of my spare 50mm inlet manifold still fitted on my spare turbocharged 16valve KR mill.

Yummy! I still cant believe the differnce it makes changing from my flowed tb back to a standard audi 1,its now crap

off course mate people dont realise how much of a different throttle degin makes

especially on force induction cars

for example ive go mates in uno turbos ok standard not much but the biggest power upgrade for them is to put a cossie throttle body on there and turst me it makes a huge difference when ur looking for that extra power

I've got a few throttle bodys laying around,the early and later versions are the same,as is the 2.0 9A's version,the internal diameter i mean.

Yeah,i just got hold of an old steel plate door for outside gas meters,scribed a line around the metal,got an angle grinder and cut away,used an 6mm drill bit and made a series of small holes around the scribed line for the inlet then i bolted the plate onto the inlet manifold using cut/filed spare bolts,i then drilled the weber throttle body's new lines onto the plate,got some long 10mm bolts and nuts,sealed the flange with silver sealant and used the manifold on my old turbo engine,it looks totally ghetto but that's the way i want it,all go and no show..