Sign in to follow this  
catch_twotwo

Toothed belts

Are there more than 1 type of toothed belt system for the G-lader (no I don't mean different manufacturers)

I've seen THIS on eBay.de and was wondering if this is a broken up set, or just a different style ?

Dude, this is a wide belt conversion for the weedy drive belt in the charger not the tooth belt conversion that drives the charger.

A replacement belt would be about a tenner here. So that kit assuming it doesn't go up much is pretty cheap.

Gavin

Yeah that was my thoughts.... although drunk at almost 3am thought it was worth checking.

So what sort of performance benefits am I likely to get out of it ? or is it just something nice but not a real benefit ?

No performance increase whatsoever. It is however, a lot less likely to snap.

Gavin

The timing belt usually breaks due to the bearings seizing. The belt doesn't give in unless it's very old, got contaminated by oil or if it had some fysical damage. In all three cases it doesn't matter whether you have a normal or a extra wide timing belt.