Sign in to follow this  
g60_Pete

G60 fuel filter.

I finally got some spare cash to get a few much needed parts for my g60, i purchased a fuel filter from the stealers this afternoon. part number :

1h0 127401c

now i explained its for a 1991 g60 corrado. a H registration (can i make this clearer!?)

and the guy waddled off and found me the fuel filter, first glance it looked fine, big shiny metal cylinder with some pipes coming out. sorted.

just got it home and checked it against my one currently on the car... its about 1.5ins longer than the older one, and has the fuel lines in/out on one end, rather than one at either end like my fitted one.

Now am i being a retard and asking for the wrong part, he being a retard and giving me the wrong part or what?!

cheers!

also, i remeber darren suggesting all g60 owners should fit an 8v gti bolt to their cams? i'll be picking that one up asap once i get the part number for that. any other bits i should be buying at the same time to keep my poor car roadworthy!?

Pete

Your fuel filter should have in on one side and out on the other.

I think the bolt your talking about is a DX (engine code) crank bolt not a cam bolt. Do a search for DX bolt and you should find the correct part number.

That part number is for a Diesel Fuell Filter - how they posibly got that wrong i don't know, take it back and smack him round the head with it - muppet!

g60 owners should fit an 8v gti bolt to their cams?

Still have a spare crankshaft bolt and required washer (you do need this, as the bolt is longer than the original strecth bolt) left over from a previous group buy.

PM me if interested.

Tempest