Sign in to follow this  
Blinky16v

Interior to engine bay wiring loom

Hi All,

Wiring up an Oil Pressure sender in my 93 2.0L 16v.

Does anyone know how or where to run the wire through the bulkhead into the engine compartment from the bin below the ashtray? I figure there must be a loom somewhere into the engine bay but cannot see it.. anyone help or know of a better way of getting the wiring into the engine bay?

Cheers

When i fitted 3 extra gauges on the dashboard i passed the wire to the oil press. gauge through a spare grommet above the brake pedal,if not you could pass the wire(s) through the main loom's large grommet,use a sharp pointed screw driver to pierce the rubber and then use the varios clips in the engine compartment to guide the sensor wire to the sender.

Sweet cheers for the info dude.

In the end I ran it through the bonnet release cable hole on the drivers side... was easiest to get to.

If anyone is interested I used an old wire coat hanger, ran it down inside the rubber grommet, then taped the wire to the hanger and puled it through, very easy.. which is nice.