Sign in to follow this  
matth76

Anyone with a 6 branch stainless steel exhaust manifold?

Hi

Has anyone got one of these fitted to their vr6? Did you notice slightly less power/ flat spot in the lower revs but with more power in the higher revs?

I have a slight flat spot remaining around 1500-2000revs. Above 3k revs it has a nice surge of power. Just wondered if other people with this modification had noticed the same?

Cheers

Matt

Only real way to tell whats happening is to get a rolling road session booked. That way you can see what power and torque its producing through out the rev range. also and more importantly whether the air/fuel ratio needs adjusting i.e a remap to compensate for the manifold.

Thanks for your reply. I'm booking a session with Stealth to try and work out what's going on. It could be my cam timing that is slightly out as I recently had my upper chain done too and a head gasket. I did have a faulty cam sensor following this work and a huge flat spot below 3000 revs. Got the cam sensor replaced and it's virtually back to normal but there is still a significant flat spot around 1700-1800 revs which is bugging me. Anyway I'll see what Stealth say.

Cheers.

Will do. I think I'm going to have to wait until after new year before I can book my car in as I'm not sure if Stealth are open any time next week.