Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

Rear lights Wiring loom, where does it split...

as my passenger rear light has stopped working, and its not the unit im thinking it must be a wire, but after it splits from the main loom to each side, as my other light is still working, where about is the loom for the lights and where does it split so i can follow the wires to check them.

Neil

It runs along the floor, just on the inside of the drivers side sill. You just have to pull up the plastic "kick plate" and pull the carpet up to see it. Its a fairly substantial load of wires!!

I cant remember exactly were it splits from the main loom, but I followed the wire for the number plate lights back up to the headlight switch. So I guess a few of them run up to there, so that could be somewhere else you could follow the wires from :wink:

Is it the running light thats not working, or the brake light?

I had a similar prob, except with the number plate lights. I did the same thing as you, started at the source of the prob and took the light unit apart. I ended up chasing the wiring through the car to try and find any cuts in the loom. and ended up finding a fried wire at the back of the headlight switch.

I assume the taillights connect through the HL switch too, but I'm not sure of the colour coding of the wire!

Anyway, If I was doing it again, I'd check the light unit, then the switch before I checked the loom to the tailgate; as there is more chance of something going wrong in either of those places than on the length of wire inbetween them!

its ok, it was a fuse had gone, i didnt check this because i ruled it out as the other light was still working!