Sign in to follow this  
Graham_E

jammed rear offside wheel

After spending most of the day trying to get the carrier bolts off of my rear brakes and pretty much rounding one of them, i admitted defeat and put everything back together again. Thats where the problems started the caliper on the rear drivers side was a bit tight to go back on over the pads (i may have swapped pads from the opposite side, nearside)even though it had been fully wound in. The handbrake only goes up maybe 2 clicks but when you release it the offside wheel is still jammed, have i got a seized caliper or does my handbrake just need adjusting?

Assuming i did use one or both pads from the opposite side would this make a difference even though i did drain some fluid from the reservoir & press the pedal several times with ignition on.

does that make any sense??

Shouldn't matter unless the pads were not warn evenly... If you've wound the piston out fully then there should be loads of room if the pads weren't new?

Check the operation of the handbrake mech and spray WD40 on the spring, if your still not getting anywhere then disconect the cable, that will tell you if its the handbrake or not...

Shame we couldn't get it all done today mate.

All cos the dam bolt rounding off!!! We'd never have these problems if it hadn't eh :D

Hope it isn't to costly putting it in the garage.