Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

charger

hello all I have some bright blue caliper paint that i' haven't used yet!

but when i've done my calipers I want to know whether or not I could use this to paint my charger like the one in my avatar will the paint take to the charger (is it cast alloy) or should I use a different blue paint...?

also how involved is the takin off, of the charger!

I don't see why not,the caliper paint was designed to withstand the brake caliper heat just as long as you prepare the casings first by degreasing them then tape up all holes,no problem.

If it's the first time your removing the charger it may take you a while,second time will be much quicker,be carefull when you disconnect the charger's oil supply line,sometimes when you loosen the banjo bolts the hose twists it WILL leak oil afterwards...,same goes for when you re-tighten the oil line bolts,especially the smaller one,they sometimes snap off when tighening.

wath out when removing the small allen headed bolts securing the air inlet hose to charger,sods to put back in and are easily dropped.

Check the oil return hose is in good nick,might be a good time to replace,try to use new copper o-rings when re-assembling,charger's pulley may be a pig to remove 'cos it rusts onto the charger's shaft,took me 2 hours to release once,check cogged belt carefully and replace if it looks cracked.

Be carefull of the reinforcing member bolted to the engine block near the oil dipstick,there's a metal spacer hidden in between charger and that aluminium bracket bracket,a bugger to re-fit,especially if your chargers got the O/E silencer box,fitting an RS outlet simplifies future dismateling.