Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

RA2 Permanent Placement

Yes, I know I'm creating loads of threads today but I'm new! :-P

All I can find on search is reviews for the Road Angel.

I have an RA2 and am wanting to put it somewhere out of the way where I can leave it in the car all the time. Perhaps fixed in the tray under the steering wheel? I will prob need a seperate antenna but they're only £20.

Has anyone on here got a permanent place for theirs?

(PS I think I'm done for new threads today!)

You realise if its not in the windscreen, you loose the Laser detection part of it for speed traps?

Other than that, under the ashtray might work, but the LCD isn't good at angles, so you probably couldn't read it if mounted straight, it would have to be angled to the driver. And of course get a external GPS aerial add-on.

Personally, I have my slap-bang in the middle of the screen as low down as possible (so it rests on the dash) and just leave it there... Enough people have them now to warrant them to be less nickable. Plus I have tinted windows which help hide stuff ;)

More satnav/speed detectors get nicked from cars now than anthing else. Having £300 sat on my dash all the time isn't what I want to do. Might have to keep it out of site and rely on the beeps. The diag doesn't really give you much info anyway I suppose.

Trouble is, I never use the thing because I cant be bothered carrying it around.

In Keighley maybe ;)

(My Dad's from and my Grandparents live in Bingley..)