Sign in to follow this  
emmafwa

Back box

Ive got a crack were the pipe comes out of the back box its unweldable and at the moment Ive only got a price from Kwik Fit £147. :(

Has anyone got suggestions where else I could get one from, as Ive got someone that could fit it for me.

Any help will be very much appriciated. :D

Emma

Ok then does a golf or any other fit a rado????

It is weldable but it would have to be quite a large patch, and someone tells me that the welds dont last that long anyway .......................... or am I been taken for a woman that know jack again :lol:

Ok then does a golf or any other fit a rado????

It is weldable but it would have to be quite a large patch, and someone tells me that the welds dont last that long anyway .......................... or am I been taken for a woman that know jack again :lol:

Wouldn't think it'd be the same as the Golf as the hangers will be in a different area.

Just depends how well the welding job is I suppose!

Emma, there is a What Exhaust thread somewhere on here - there you will see loads of different back-box choices.

I got my box from VAG for near £100 - should last ages and the tailpipe polishes up nicely. Its fairly quiet but gives a nice deep note for the 2.0L 16v. Alternatively look on fleabay for a genuine new one. Option B would to be go for a stainless Steel one.

Then you can fit it your self. However, as I had the full system replaced I went to my trusty garage and had it fitted for £15.

i`m sure i could have welded it up for ya.

someone tells me that the welds dont last that long

she's seen your welding before Gaz :lol:

did I miss where you said what Rado it was for?

btw, I used to go on holiday in Anglesey when I was a nipper 8)