Sign in to follow this  
g-dub

G60 oil pressure

anyone else got a oil pressure guage, what sort of reading are you getting when you start the car in the morning, and what pressure should you be getting when warmed up

in the mornin it sits at about 60-70 psi, once its all warned up its about 10-15 psi at idle, dunno if thats right but thats what mine does and its not dead yet

Hi.

Yeah on start up I get a high needle around the 60-70 mark. When warm it can fall very low. I replaced the pump when I got the car. Just for good measure I did not improve much.

When running it sits around 40?? I have done a search and read about 'dynamic oil pressure'?? Sought of two senders. 1 on the oil filter and 1 at the side of the head.

As a point my sender is located at the filter would it make a diff if fitted to the head?? O would have thought the head would have been high pressure. usually the cam feed is high pressure as its the last point on the oil train?

According to Rober Bentley Manual your oil pump should reach 2 bar at 2000rpm with oil temperature at 80ºC.

In the morning i usually get 4 or 5 bar reading. It rises down as the oil temperature gets higher.