Sign in to follow this  
kebabman

Getting pissed off my VR now.

The flashing headlamp could well be the bulb, had the same thing happen on mine, changed the bulb and all ok.

As for getting rid of the car don't go there, you know you would end up regretting it. :wink: Just get the problems sorted, probably all quite simple things to resolve.

I have a ist as long as my arm of bits that have decided to break lately.

My C too misfires at low revs, but I have a feeling that my coilpack is buggered..

I need all new bushes up front.

Coilovers are knackered.

Front top mounts are on their way out.

Interior light is very random, need to fit new door switch.

Dashboard creaks lots.

I have a rattle in my boot that is driving me insane.

My sunroof has started to rattle lately.

All my arches rub on my 17's and I now need 2 maybe 3 new tyres.

I need a new front bumper (thank you for running under me mr fox)

2 dents have appeared on my bonnet and wing that need sorting.

Drivers seat bolster need seeing to.

Bulbs in the dash have gone.

Heated mirrors dont's work.

I have both a water and oil leak from somewhere.

Rusty drivers side sill.

I've just come to the conclusion that the rado likes to slowly break itself. I treat it good, buy it new presents and it treats me bad.

But the BWAAAAAAAAAAP makes it all worth it!!

I have a ist as long as my arm of bits that have decided to break lately.

My C too misfires at low revs, but I have a feeling that my coilpack is buggered..

I need all new bushes up front.

Coilovers are knackered.

Front top mounts are on their way out.

Interior light is very random, need to fit new door switch.

Dashboard creaks lots.

I have a rattle in my boot that is driving me insane.

My sunroof has started to rattle lately.

All my arches rub on my 17's and I now need 2 maybe 3 new tyres.

I need a new front bumper (thank you for running under me mr fox)

2 dents have appeared on my bonnet and wing that need sorting.

Drivers seat bolster need seeing to.

Bulbs in the dash have gone.

Heated mirrors dont's work.

I have both a water and oil leak from somewhere.

Rusty drivers side sill.

I've just come to the conclusion that the rado likes to slowly break itself. I treat it good, buy it new presents and it treats me bad.

But the BWAAAAAAAAAAP makes it all worth it!!

I know what you mean, it has to be one of the best sounding engines ever.....although I can only just hear mine over the drone of the wheel bearings these days. :x

Datsun Cherry....

BBBWWWWWWWWUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Are you windin us up?

Heated mirrors, were they standard?

I've been led to believe that all corrados (or at least all VR's) had heated mirrors.

Or.... maybe this is why they're not working......

Datsun Cherry....

BBBWWWWWWWWUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Are you windin us up?

Kinda, it's 'other' name is Nissan Pulsar GTi-R. ;)

image013.jpg

Not this one then?

Was wondering about the 280bhp, thought your mate was an automotive genius.

Heated mirrors, were they standard?

I've been led to believe that all corrados (or at least all VR's) had heated mirrors.

Or.... maybe this is why they're not working......[/quote:98c1e]

Just had a look in my Storm brochure and heated mirrors are listed as standard equipment. I take it they should come on when you put the rear window demister on. Can't say I've ever seen the mirrors misted so I wouldn't know if mine are working or not.

I never heard of them being heated - but they must be. I need to get the motors fixed so i can change the angels first :)

Datsun Cherry....

Are you windin us up?

Kinda, it's 'other' name is Nissan Pulsar GTi-R. ;)

don't go there mate i had a pulsar, when running good they are great and nothing is catching you but as soon as they start to break(and they will as build quality is crap) then expect big bills, they are expensive to fix. but as i say the build on them are very poor!!!!

stick with the vr other wise you might regret getting rid.

Not this one then?

Was wondering about the 280bhp, thought your mate was an automotive genius.

Nah, this one.

RinSnowedit1-vi.jpg

This is the actual car and from the front it looks pretty mint, funnily enough he's got no side on shots. :lol:

Hear what you're saying about reliabilty. His has been fine over the 18 months he's had it, but realise that's no guarantee it'll be OK for me.

I take it they should come on when you put the rear window demister on. Can't say I've ever seen the mirrors misted so I wouldn't know if mine are working or not.

Correct. Thing is Paul, they produce such a measily amount of heat that you wind up ignoring them & using a cloth anyway :roll:

I take it they should come on when you put the rear window demister on. Can't say I've ever seen the mirrors misted so I wouldn't know if mine are working or not.

Correct. Thing is Paul, they produce such a measily amount of heat that you wind up ignoring them & using a cloth anyway :roll:

Nick, I wonder if their efficiency decreases with age. I could do with a new one on the passenger side as the mirror is going a little brown around the bottom edge, it would be interesting to see if a new one demists any better. I know someone got hold of some mirrors from TVR recently as they are cheaper, maybe I should give them a try.

kebabman, i thought this was a no contest from the off, but after seeing that last pic of the nissan, its a total no contest.

Get the Corrado fixed! You dont really want to drive in that Nissan do you? Really? Naah, course you dont! Get the problems sorted bit by bit so it doesnt hit the wallet as hard. Dont sell it! You'll only regret it!

Nick, I wonder if their efficiency decreases with age.

The two side electrical connections on the glass can corrode. Check the connectors are clean but be careful cleaning anything up thats corroded where it connects to the glass painted heated strips/side strip.

Efficiency of the painted strips doesn't noticably deteriorate with use or time.

Just had a look in my Storm brochure and heated mirrors are listed as standard equipment.

Available since 1990. Certainly standard on 1990 16v & G60 onwards and VR6 1992 onwards in UK. Given there is no european spare parts for non-heated, almost certain all models have heated mirrors.

The heated mirrors are switched on by the HRW switch in parallel with the rear window. Corrosion at the mirror back plate is the most likely reason for not working after 10 - 15 years.

kebabman, i thought this was a no contest from the off, but after seeing that last pic of the nissan, its a total no contest.

Get the Corrado fixed! You dont really want to drive in that Nissan do you? Really? Naah, course you dont! Get the problems sorted bit by bit so it doesnt hit the wallet as hard. Dont sell it! You'll only regret it!

Ditto, how dare you loose the faith Kebabman.

Nick, I wonder if their efficiency decreases with age

Thinking back to when my VR6 Golf was only 3 years old, I can't say I remember it being noticeably better then TBH. As RW1 says above, I doubt time affects them much.

Don't get me wrong, they will defrost the mirrors eventually, it's just too slow to be of much practical use if, as in my case, it takes 10-15 minutes. If you're in the habit of letting the car warm up before moving, the time can be as little as 5 minutes.

This thread is nicely reassuring that I'm not the only one with niggles like this! I wondered myself if the heated mirrors worked cos they don't really seem to be that effective!

As for the rattles, I've been having serious words with my glove box door which drives me nuts from rattling (especially when cold!) :x Anybody else got a noisy glove box?!

I guess cos most of us have upgraded suspension, it's almost inevitable that the firmer ride will cause rattles. :?

Mine's on standard suspension & it squeeks like crazy in the glovebox area when cold. Once the cabin is warm, silence!

A mate has a Merc 190E 2.6 built in 1986 with 200K+ on the clock & that's completely silent inside & the interior is as good as new. Only trouble is, it is boring as hell as far as I'm concerned, so I'll happily put up with the little foibles of my VW's in return for the grins per mile.

NickRStorm, that's what I think - the overall driving experience and howl from the VR far outweighs any niggles! It won't stop me moaning about the glovebox though cos I'm a picky b*gger!

I used to have a Motorhome years ago.

It suffered from many interior squeaks and groans which drove you mad. Surely all it is, is a drying out process and the whole reduction and expansion thing from heat and cold

I found a silicone spray called Dashboard something, anyway, I have found your normal furniture spray polish to work just as well. It can take several goes to find the right spot. Best done when have a passenger in the car - saves you having an accident trying to spray polish when driving.

Presumably the Sunroof issue is similar as that often packs up.

I have just greased mine - makes the running of it smoother, as this is now lubricated, surely no metal to metal noises there either.

Hopefully, that's one less niggle.

Does anyone have the one from the rear of the car, sounds like rear door shelf bouncing around?

I must be one of the lucky ones, I can't say there are any noticable squeaks in the cabin. My car is still on standard suspension so that could be one reason for it. :)