Sign in to follow this  
zacon

Will an in-tank fuel pump for a 1.8 16V fit in a 2.0 16V?

If the 2.0 16v has the same two-pump setup as the 1.8 16v, then I'd expect so. I'm pretty sure some Corrado's have a single pump system though.

I am pretty sure the 2.0 has the same two-pump system. I know (most) G60's have a single pump which is located in the tank.

i changed my fuel pump last year for my 2.0 16valve, it cost me 15 quid from volkswagen spares in hammersmith. Im not too technically minded as far as cars are concerned, but its seemed to be a single unit, connected to the fuel tank. Correct me if im wrong.

I believe there is another one inside the fuel pump, which I think is broken in this case. The car runs fine on full tank.

Well, if your car has a main pump under the floor near the rear driver's side wheel (and I'm betting it has) then it's definitely got a pump in the tank. Since the 2.0 16v fuel system requires the same pressure as the 1.8 16v I'd bet that the pumps are the same.

Unfortunately I can't tell you for definite as my copy of ETOS has expired :(