Sign in to follow this  
MFP

VR6 Starting problems

I've had my VR6 for just over a year now and I love it,the only problem being that it sometimes has problems starting.I will get in the car and turn the ignition and after 1 or 2 seconds the engine cuts off,it fires and starts O.K but then just dies.I've been told by VW to try using my other ignition key because they contain chips that can misbehave with the immobiliser and shut the engine off that way.I've also been told that it might be that the automatic choke needs some adjustment.After many attempts at trying to start the car when it is acting like this it will eventually start and keep running,almost as if the car has finally figured out what it's supposed to be doing.Any help would be much appreciated.

Matthew :x

I've had my VR6 for just over a year now and I love it,the only problem being that it sometimes has problems starting.I will get in the car and turn the ignition and after 1 or 2 seconds the engine cuts off,it fires and starts O.K but then just dies.I've been told by VW to try using my other ignition key because they contain chips that can misbehave with the immobiliser and shut the engine off that way.I've also been told that it might be that the automatic choke needs some adjustment.After many attempts at trying to start the car when it is acting like this it will eventually start and keep running,almost as if the car has finally figured out what it's supposed to be doing.Any help would be much appreciated.

Matthew :x

sounds very much like the factory immobilser........i'm sure if you do a "search" on here you'll find more details