Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

THE Mobile phone problem thread!!

For some reason my Nokia N70 now WILL NOT find or talk to my TOM TOM GPS2.

I know the GPS device is ok as I can connect to it with my laptop.

It's been giving me bother for a while, crashing all the time, and dropping the connection between the GPS. usually I just turn it off and on again, but a few times I've had to delete the bluetooth pairing and reconnect it.

But now it won't find it anymore!?!?

Help!?!!

Must admit i'm not exactly blown away by Nokia N70 as well.. its bloody slow and every time I disconnect it from the USB Sync cable it crashes and reboots.

I had mine wiped and reloaded with the lastest firmware today. still no bluetooth, won't talk to my pc or the GPS.

that code doesn't work either??

Sorry Paul - not meaning to hijak your thread here...

Jim, what software version is yours running on?

V3.0546.2.3

18-11-05

RM-84

Apparently! :)

Cheers PhatVR6, i'll take you up on that offer....

On the N70 do any of you know how to get rid of the quick link symbols that run accross the screen beneath the clock and the calendar entries bit?

Other than that I agree, as a phone it's quite good but very slow and temperamental.

I do, and they are bloody annoying! can't get rid of the voicemail one, it's there constantly, even though I haven't got any voicemails. bluetooth one is always on of couse, and it took me ages to work out that the call divert one was on too.

ruins the wallpaper!

No No No not those ones as well :lol:

But i also have 5 bigger ones beneath that.... for contacts, log, profiles, gallery and image print.....

Then beneathe that in smaller print is the calender entries bit....... takes up half the bleedy screen :(

I'd like to know more about your N70 and it's "temperamental" issues please. care to be more descriptive?

Well generally it just keeps freezing or going slow, sometimes freezes and you can't even use the on/off switch to turn it off, you need to take the battery out.

Happens alot when you come out of browsing where it holds the last screen rather than return to the main screen.

Same here. Mine's with Orange and they always have slightly different software for their features.

Here's some more "quirks"....

Ring tone is set to one other than the original Nokia but it switches back to this and my chosen one for no apparent reason.

Crashes, runs slow, reboots (apparently a feature :roll:) and when I set the pin on I lose my line 2.

Sorry Paul - not meaning to hijak your thread here...

Jim, what software version is yours running on?

V3.0546.2.3

18-11-05

RM-84

Apparently! :)

You're currently running on the latest version of software. My advice to you would be to wait around for the next realease of software. More and more faults are software based now rather than mechanical or electrcal, so I'm pretty sure it's a software glitch. Nokia tend to release new versions quite often, especially for such a popular handset. I'll let you know when it's released...

Ring tone is set to one other than the original Nokia but it switches back to this and my chosen one for no apparent reason.

This a common fault known to Nokia. There is a simple fix for this which does not require the software to be upgraded. I can PM you the details if you like as I can't really post it up on the forum...

Got this one fixed thanks, had to go into the call logs. Is that the fix you were proposing?

Did a hard reboot too, lets see how i get on.

Mines V 2.0537.1.7

18-09-05

RM-84

Sorry for hi-jacking Paul.

no probs, it's a good thread!

I sent my N70 back to nokia today, bought a sharp Gx25 as a temporary pay as you go phone for the meantime, the screen on it it AMAZING! never seen anything like it on a phone.

sharp by name....

Goinjg completely off-topic: My colleague and me treated ourselves to a new O2 contract (were Pay-as-you-go with T-Mobile using some old Nokia bangers) with 2 HTC Wizard (also known as O2 XDA Mini S, T-Mobile Vario, Qtek 9100, i-Mate Jam) handsets.

These rather swish things are full PDAs running Windows Mobile 5, come with 802.11g WiFi, Bluetooth (although not BT 2), 320x240 pixel screen, built-in keyboard that when pulled out from underneath the phone makes the display turn around from 240x320 to 320x240 display, and the whole thing is even smaller than my previous Nokia 3420 or whatever it was :lol:

It even plays DivX, now that I've installed a few essential extra bits of software. The thing isn't fast enough for VoIP, unfortunately, as it only has a 195 MHz TI Omap (Arm) processor.

Still, a very nice gadget, and very easy to unlock; for once you don't need to build your own data cable and run the risk of blowing up the serial port on your motherboard :lol:

Tempest

Goinjg completely off-topic: My colleague and me treated ourselves to a new O2 contract (were Pay-as-you-go with T-Mobile using some old Nokia bangers) with 2 HTC Wizard (also known as O2 XDA Mini S, T-Mobile Vario, Qtek 9100, i-Mate Jam) handsets.

These rather swish things are full PDAs running Windows Mobile 5, come with 802.11g WiFi, Bluetooth (although not BT 2), 320x240 pixel screen, built-in keyboard that when pulled out from underneath the phone makes the display turn around from 240x320 to 320x240 display, and the whole thing is even smaller than my previous Nokia 3420 or whatever it was :lol:

It even plays DivX, now that I've installed a few essential extra bits of software. The thing isn't fast enough for VoIP, unfortunately, as it only has a 195 MHz TI Omap (Arm) processor.

Still, a very nice gadget, and very easy to unlock; for once you don't need to build your own data cable and run the risk of blowing up the serial port on your motherboard :lol:

Tempest

whats the battery life like on your eric as mine is awful and it really anoys me for that single reason

whats the battery life like on your eric as mine is awful and it really anoys me for that single reason

Can't really comment on that yet, as I have simply used it too much in PDA mode, playing around with it, connecting to my WiFi router at home, downloading and installing all sorts of software, etc.

My colleague on the other hand, who's just used it as a mobile phone so far, (left it in standby all the time, only took and made a few calls), said that he's had it running like that for nearly a week and still had 50% battery life left.

The backlighting on the screen and the WiFi capability all eat into the battery life, of course. Not to mention watching films, like I have started doing :lol:

Tempest