Sign in to follow this  
jimmy83

2.0 16v 'rado vs civic vti???

You have no chance. Like it or not the rice will make you look silly. I suggest you don't race then you win by default on the looks alone. Civics aren't exactly pretty.

What the others said! You'll get destroyed- especially from a standing start. Is the VTI 1.6 or 1.8? If it's the 1.6 you stand a chance at higher speeds- they really slow down at 70mph + , whereas the valver should keep going 'til it gets well past 100. If it's the 1.8, you'll lose whatever.

The 1.6 will own you too. My sister has a 2000 Civic 1.6 VTI and if you're prepared to give it all it has it walks away from my 1.8 16v at all speeds. Fugly car though, as I like to remind her. Sometimes that's all that matters :)

Yeh, not nice to look at, especially the 1.8. VTI coupe is nice though. I'm surprised the 1.6 beats you so easily at higher speeds. Mine was lethal off the lights- would literally beat anything. Felt like it was getting out of puff above 70mph though. I suppose if you make sure it stays in the 'zone' through all the gears...

Absolutely diabolical if you get caught in the wrong gear though! I remember being completely owned by a Polo TDI once coming onto the M25. Really embarassing.

The 1.8 is a better engine IMHO. The 'Teg Type-R uses a tweeked version of the same engine. Much better torque so you don't have to thrash it. Sounded amazing with an AEM CAI when the cam swapped :twisted: 8)

You're right, for 'normal' driving it's hard work but it does shift if required. There are very few ricers that could tempt me away from German cars and the Civic, in any form, is certainly not one of them. Cars have to be more than just fast, in fact speed is very low on my priority list.

I used to have the 1.8 vti (british version) and to be honest wasnt as fast as the 1.6 vti (jap version) until like everyone says 70ish then mine used to real em in real quick, apparantly I was told it was something to do with headers being differently designed for the softer british market which in turn subdues the vtec tone somewhat also....bstads

either way itll leave you for dead though :)

Hi all

To the guy who's brother is getting a Civic

My other car is a track day project 205 GTi 1.6, she made 115bhp on the rolling road with 98000 on the clock and full Peugeot service history with 2 lady owners, so it was well looked after until it came to me, and the only mod is a cone air filter, anyway...

Loads of the local boy racers have civic's, preludes etc etc and the little pug could match most of the civics and 2.0L preludes to 80ish MPH, it has lost badley to a 1.8Civic VETC thing but as a rule it would just pip a 2.0l Prelude to 100 then the pug is all out of puff

One guy followed me in the petrol station babbeling about that the Pug must be modified to be able to beat his 1.6 civic thing....I just put it down he had 3 chavs in his car and I had a DVD from Blockbuster!!

So my new wheels(2 weeks ago) are a 2.0L 16valve corrado which feels much quicker than the pug after 60 MPH you should have a good chance of beating a 1.6 civic or a 1.8 but the 1.8VETC model will skin you.

Iam loving the corrado, as the handling is just fantastic even the Pug dosent handle as good, but its only let down is power, it has the torque but by 6500rpm it seems just off the boil where as my Mk2 16v golf felt strong to 7000rpm limit but the Corrado looks the dog bollocks.........