Sign in to follow this  
Madjackal

ABS ECU

Which part number do you need madjackal, I have a G60 Golf one in my garage you can have cheap if it is the right one. Pretty sure it's a non-EDL one. I have ETKA so can check the numbers out.

Do you know what's up with your ABS?

Gavin

i dont think there is anything wrong with mine, i think its the sensors as the light has only started coming on since i have been messing about with my brakes. Its just odd cos its intermittant??

I just saw the one on ebay and thought as no one had bid on it i could get one dirt cheap, and bearing in mind the cost from the stealers.......

The ECU stores faults I think so maybe you can get them read with VAGCOM?

A wheel sensor is likely to be duff as you say. Have you done all the brakes?

You could try disconnecting and re-connecting all the plugs and a quick sqirt with some contact oil from Maplins or RS?

Works great on Aircraft!! :mrgreen:

The ECU stores faults I think so maybe you can get them read with VAGCOM?

yep

Plus measure the resistance of the as 1kohm +/-300ohms. Front sensors can be done at the wheel hubs. Rear have not connection at the wheels, the plug break is under the the left and right rear passenger seat squabs (bit you sit on).

thanks chaps,

The rear n/s sensor is new and ive done both front brakes, i'll see what the vagcom comes up with and go from there.

Bloody sensors! always let you down when your saving up for something else.

When you did the front brakes. Do you mean the discs were replaced. Did you transfer the ABS sensor trigger rings of the inside of the discs?????

havent touched the rear brakes anyway, I think the ring was slightly distorted and rubbing slightly on the sensor on one side iirc.

I'll get stealth on it when i take it up, Steve can you let me know when you placed my order please buudy?

Cheers