Sign in to follow this  
morpheus20170

New car, help!!

I have just bought a car, L reg 2.0 16v and when I first test drove it it drove straight and I couldn't hear a knock or anything but I was told by the guy that there was one.

I left it and went back last night and took it for another test drive where I still couldn't hear it so I bought it obviously did other checks and drove it all of 20 miles home.

The car pulled just slightly to the right.

Going round roundabouts it knocked seemingly at the front and I could then hear a squeak so when I got home I pushed down on the left rear and it squeaks.

The ABS light doesn't come on and I have gone through this with Gavin, very helpful, Zak, Kur2y, very helpful too and if you need a headlight wiring loom he is your man, I read that if you put your foot on the brake and start the car you should feel a pulse, the brake pedal went down slightly away from my foot but I am unsure if this is meant to be a pulse.

The temp gauge on the dash doesn't seem to go anywhere, the needle stays at the bottom but the MFA seems to work.

Lastly, the PAS makes a squeaking noise on full lock both ways, I tried it when looking at the car in the first place but I didn't have the engine running, I didn't want to admit that, dummy I know.

So can anyone help with what these things may be?

Cheers,

Paul

hello morpheus, knocking on the front especially when cornering will probaly be the outer cv joint/s, there is a thread regarding steering rack issues.

whenever i start my car there is a distinct noise after 10 -20 secs of running and that is the abs pump "kicking " in, hope that is of some help to you mate :thumbleft: