Sign in to follow this  
GBH93VR6

Gear Shift Cable Bush ?

Hi,

I have a problem with the gearshift on my 93 VR,

The cable has come loose from the gearshift lever and there appears to be the remnants of a broken plastic bush. The cable itself looks intact but the hole in the cable is too big for the pin on the shift lever.

Can anyone confirm if this bush comes with the cable 1HO711265 ?

Before I shell out the 66 squid for a new one.

The stealers weren't sure as usual and i can't see the bush on ETKA.

Anyone replaced said cable ?

Take a picture and it might help you out mate, but then I don't own a VR so I don't know how obvious this part is!

I just bought one from a breaker and it had the bush on it, passats have the same type of cable (although different length) so you could go to a scrapyard and butcher the passat cable for the bush, then fit it to your c cable.

I would do but the car is not here, I had to leave it at a mates ater driving back stuck in second gear. Not sure how good a photo I could get either it's not easy to see from above. Just hoped someone had replaced the cable and knew if there was a bush or just a clip or 'cotter' as bentley calls it.

Ok Thanks trev-b I may do that, I might still buy the cable just didn't want to find out the bush was a £2 part that the stealer couldn't find.

Thanks anyway but I've already checked ETKA and couldn't see the bush, I've ordered the cable now and the split pin (PN N905 301 01) so hopefully it will have the bush on it, I'll report back tuesday when hopefully I'll be back on the road !

All sorted now, looks like this bush used to be available seperately and had to be pressed in but now comes on the cable. Bit of a pain having to drop the exhaust to fit the new cable on a driveway whilst it was snowing but all sorted now.