Sign in to follow this  
King_prawn

Second Inlet

Any one running a second inlet on their G60? Just thinking about removing the boost return pipe but seems like a bit of a waste to cap the inlet off. Any one got a pics?

Cheers,

Rob

i agree.. a waste to cap it but thats what i did anyway. at least it saves the charger from all that extra heat until i get a proper 2nd intake worked out.

if you're going to do a second inlet, get the air from a cool place or its useless. i'm planning on dropping the rad down and bringing cold air in right through the top of the grill. you can also run a pipe down into the fender under where the battery was (you'll have to move it and cut a hole)... like on the opposite side with the carbon cannister.

you can just stick a filter on there but if its sucking hot air its basically useless.

darren/g-werks has some pics and i believe he's working on a kit :D

Having removed my boost return pipe iam just about to sort a second inlet. Have just got a blanking plate on there at the moment but i've heard that this puts uneven pressure on the charger's internals. A quality direct cold air feed is what you want really. I'd like to get a BMC Carbon Dynamic airbox if i can find a correct diameter pipe, and run it down under the bumper. Just money permitting as always... :oops:

is there room in there for that mambomonkey? i've looked long and hard at my C and there's no room to run a pipe down to the bumper area. i have a/c...

that was my backup plan... if i couldnt figure anything quick and easy out for a cold air feed to that inlet... i was gonna run a pipe down to the bottom... just no room so hacked out a blockoff plate. im gonna drop the rad and feed cold air in through the top of the grill. thats the plan anyway.