Sign in to follow this  
veeDuB_Rado

Where's my reverse?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Worked fine earlier but went to put car up the drive and the cr does not want to go into reverse.

Used the search etc etc

Took the gear gaitor or whatever it is off and had a yonder, I've heard about the circlip busting but I have noidea where to look for it, also the gear handle slides right across, not sure if it's meant to do that?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The circlip does appear to be A.W.O.L.

However mine didn't have a circlip for the first two years of my ownership and, although the gear selection was sloppy, all the gears were there.

ok, lift the bonnet ...( very patronising manner )....secure the bonnet stay, using a torch, just check the linkage arrangement attached to the gearbox, you will find it at the rear of the box, there is a linkage with little ball joints on it, just make sure that it is secured both ends and that nothing else seems detached. :thumbleft: :lol:

I just looked at the text below your avatar. How can you be 110% stressed when you're 18?!

No job, hardly any money, car being gay, being ill etc.

ok, lift the bonnet ...( very patronising manner )....secure the bonnet stay, using a torch, just check the linkage arrangement attached to the gearbox, you will find it at the rear of the box, there is a linkage with little ball joints on it, just make sure that it is secured both ends and that nothing else seems detached. :thumbleft: :lol:

Lol, erm, what does the gearbox look like and where bouts is it situated :oops:

Jobs are extremely easy to get, when you get one it will sort problem 2 and problem 2 will sort out problem 3.

Actually don't worry now, previous owner said itis the nut on the gearbox linkage, happened to him before so I'm gonna go do it now.

Results back next month!

Jobs are extremely easy to get, when you get one it will sort problem 2 and problem 2 will sort out problem 3.

Try and get one in Ross! I've put so many applications in, ( even in the crappy places ) and go down the job centre every monday and they struggle to find me more than 2 jobs for me!

Went for an interview on Saturday so hopefully might get it!