Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

G60 oil Pressure gauge and sender

Okay

Which oil pressure gauge should go in the G60?

I know its 10bar in the VR6, the ones listed in the part CD under 92 are 5bar,

so what does everyone have fitted?

one one in my C at the mo is a 100 psi with a 10 bar sender, which i need to sort. so before sorting i need to make sure i've got the right gauge

I was thinking about putting in a oil pressure gauge too.

I had a look at the original Corrado instruction manual that came with the car & that shows a 5 bar gauge on the opitional instruments.

You'll probably need the same sender.

thats what im thinking, anyone know any good places to buy a sender from 100psi??

i would like a 5 bar one but auto meter done do one :-( (to match the boost one i have)

get a 100psi gauge. autometer, vdo etc do um. i bought a uber cheap one to start with was about 20 quid for the full thing, be careful with the brass t piece that screws into the filter housing. tis very weak and if you snap it you have to strip your spare car, scirocco for a cooler top then the old engine for a replacement for the sky!!!

same with the capilery lead dont tighten it too much. looks like its not in proper but if its tight it aint coming out.

pressure should be bout 50-80psi when cold and then should settle and rise practically with revs. it has to be at 2 bar(29psi ish) at 2100rpm to stop the buzzer coming on. pressure does hit 80psi so you then realise what that oil can do to the charger seals. incedently the oil pressure switch which is inline on the side of the head is to stop the light/buzzer at startup. it is to the charger and is a 0.4bar switch

get a 100psi gauge. autometer, vdo etc do um.

pressure should be bout 50-80psi when cold and then should settle and rise practically with revs. it has to be at 2 bar(29psi ish) at 2100rpm to stop the buzzer coming on. pressure does hit 80psi so you then realise what that oil can do to the charger seals. incedently the oil pressure switch which is inline on the side of the head is to stop the light/buzzer at startup. it is to the charger and is a 0.4bar switch

I've got the gauge just really need to sort the sender really, but was wondering what everone is running[/img]

Where can I get one of those gauge pods for my car? It is a RHD so needs to angle the other way. Also are they difficult to fit? I will probably take it to Dubsport but, I could do with getting the bits together first.

Well the dealers no longer stock them - only chance at the moment is ebay really and they fetch between £20 and £35.

I bought a TIM oil pressure guage and a Racetech boost gauge for my G60. How do you guys rate these and how easy are they to fit. I'm only learning. Should I have bought other gauges or the same ones but different brands.

Cheers.