Sign in to follow this  
GRINGOG60

Gearbox nightmares

Hi,

I have the standard cable change box on my G60- why is it that sometimes its an absoloute arse trying to get it out of reverse? It's also really notchy :x and it is beginning to get quite annoying now!- i have regreased all moving parts associated with the change mechanism and greased the mechanism on the box its self but still no change! :x

I used to have a Mk3 VR6 golf with the same cable change box and the change on this was so silky smooth it was heaven! Ive been trying for months to get this sorted and im begining to lose it now! :twisted: - if i cant get it sorted i might think about getting rid of the car but i really dont want to but cant continue having to fight with the gear nob!

Please Help!!!

+ Does anyone out there know people who do lightened flywheels for the G60?

Thanks, Valver!

Anyone fitted one of these? I know they make the revs spin up quicker but do they actually make the car quicker?

Any ideas on the Notchy Box? :cry:

try adjusting the shifter. it should slide straight up into 3rd gear with almost no effort.. if it doesnt it needs adjusting.