Sign in to follow this  
steveo29

g60 carbon canister removed

i removed the c arbon canistor on my g6o...i now have a sound which is very much like a leaky vac pipe when driving off boost..it sounds like behind dash or TB area

ive used proper vac caps, and now jubilee clips...ive checked over it 3 times and cannot find a dud connection :mad:

just to be clear(maybe ive missed something :oops: ) the fuel tank breather is now in the airbox, one small vac line blanked off on back of TB and a bigger one blanked off on lower TB , ive fitted a 90deg elbow for the MFA line at the fron tof the manifold! is that everything?

so have i missed something...or does the removal of the CC cause increased sucky/vac leak sound on off boost driving?? :roll: :roll:

its driving me mad..i cant that ive done anything wrong, yet it sounds wrong

On this diagram who want to leave No.2 pipe longer and put a bolt in the end to block it off. I left mine quite long, got it going almost all the way over to battery , cable tie to the wires under washer tank but i don`t think it has to be that long tbh

Hope that helps

Ian

cheers i'll give that a try....thanks for responding :)

is yours a fairly fat pipe..the pic shows it like a thin vac tube

cheers i'll have a look soon

strange no one else has chimed in....must only be me n you that can hear it

Hi..

Do all G60's have a C canister?? Mine has none. Also on the tech diagram it shows small lines of the rear of the plenum. My plenum seems to have blanks? But there is a line blocked with a large bolt.

See image

pipe-1.jpg

No real benefit in removing the cc except cleaning up the top of the engine by removing all the vacuum lines that aren`t needed anymore plus it leaves a nice large hole directly under the airbox for a cold air feed :-)

No real benefit in removing the cc except cleaning up the top of the engine by removing all the vacuum lines that aren`t needed anymore plus it leaves a nice large hole directly under the airbox for a cold air feed :-)

Ah my plate is still in place. No airbox but a K&N cone ect. The round snap off plate is still there...

So whats the pipe with a bolt in it. That is a naff way of sealing a pipe.. Threads leak.

the pipe with a bolt is what supercharged junkie suggests is causing my noise...i fitted a proper blanking cap and im having a prob with it not sounding right as mentioned in my first post

i agree the bolt stuffed in a pipe looks rank....not really sure of a nice way to do it...was hoping for lots of answers as many people do this mod

well..This is my first Corrado so I'm discovering as I'm going. Maybe you could go to a plumbers supply shop and get some teflon sealer. That stuff will seal anything. How does a blanking cap work?