Sign in to follow this  
dig776

Oil cooler leak

Mods (have had a quick search)

Within the past few days I have noticed an oil smell when the car is warm. Got home today and saw oil dripping from what looked like the oil cooler (pics attached), it then stops when cool.

Any ideas on if this is an easy job to do? just trying to estimate cost :( nearly had a few months without somthing going wrong.

When mine was a 16v it did this exactly, looked identical, i changed all the gaskets and shit around there and when i fired the car up again it was still spewing oil out, it turned out that it was coming of that sensor, aye that one there, the white one, wied i know but hey, new sensor off the dealer, 7 notes, sorted.

Check it out, clean all the crap off and stare at the sensor while someone fires up the car, if its the sensor some oil will blob out of the sensor

I agree.

My 60 has a fitting there to enabe a pressure gauge. Always unwinding itself. I actually thought my filter was loose. There was that much oil at 1 point I was like Christ where is this all coming from.

It came from the sensor point.

Doesn't look that bad to me but a tiny bit of burning oil does stink. I'd clean the area up first with some degreaser and then run it. It might be easier to see the problem if it's clean.

There is a bit under the breather outlet too, that might want a clean out too.

Gavin

Cheers all, will get outside, give it a good clean and have a look. Suspect it will have to be paid for (rather than done myself) as no drive at the moment.

Hopefully will be able to diagnose it though at least.

cheers