Sign in to follow this  
Danger Mouse

front lights

Hey peeps

iv got a crack and hole on both front headlights and would like to replace them. VW quote rediculus prices for replacements, does antone have any spares or any ides on cheaper options?

regards

DM

VAG main dealers do just the glass for the C headlights (both types!) for around £25 + VAT last time I asked... As long as the case (which has the mounting brackets) and the mirror are OK then you're laughing... :lol: 8) :D

You may need to beat the parts guy up a bit though 'cos they normally try to sell you the whole lamp, not just the glass which is what you want! 8)

there you go then saved you all this money all ready

must be worth a £5 donation to the fourm god "andi" then ehh...

thanks folks,

i honestly thought i was going to have pay somewhere in the region of 2-3 hundred quid.

DM

'kinell! that was a fast response! I thought I'd screwed up the reply for a minute then when I wasn't the last on the list! :shock: :lol:

If you get stuck, I'll have a word with my friendly VAG dealer (well, he's friendly now he's realised how much I've spent there in the last 6 months!) and get the part numbers... It may also be worth phoning euro car parts as I seem to remember that they do them too, and at a much discounted price! 8) :D :wink:

have you got the part numbers for the lenses cos both my lenses have been smashed by some idiot-on holiday and need to get `em replaced and get home-cheers!!!!