Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Pressure Washer

Not a bad idea. It also helps clean the drive and many other items ; just don't go jetting any bearings directly, lol.

Not sure of spec's off the top of my head, but there are loads of other places that do them at those kinda prices

hello ardandy, i use a similar karcher pressure washer on a regular basis to clean up oily floors in pump rooms etc and have not had a single problem in the last 2 years, it does a good job ( especially if chemicals are used ) and brings up the crappiest floor up like new, at the price it`s being offered at i would take it....i think i paid about £150 back then. i think mine is slightly better specced but the bar rating is the same :thumbleft:

i was bought a Karcher pressure washer last year, in october. since then its been freezing or raining, so sadly, i cant comment yet cos its not been out of the box yet!. They are one the best makes tho, so reckon you cant go too far wrong!

Should be fine for a few times a month use mate. just make sure u empty on cold nights etc. Ive got a £1600 karcher - i can recommend those!! LOL.

What are the alternatives?

Hand wash where you rub the grit all over the car?

Car wash (nuff said!)

Granted, a £1600 pressure washer would more than likely knock the wing mirror off! This pressure washer I'm looking at has a 'softer' setting, so could rinse down first with that.

What sort of bar are the jetwashes you get in a garage/petrol station putting out?

It's all down to common sense, any pressure is perfect as long as you stay a atleast a foot from the paintwork and atleast that from bumpers and plastics cos they peel v.easily under pressure.

also if u blast a stone chip close under high pressure it will prb bubble up th paintwork.