Sign in to follow this  
young lad

Golf Mk2 G60 Turbo Charged, Can It Be Remapped/Chipped HELP!

Hi there guys, i thought it would be best to join this forum as my Golf Mk2 has a engine out a G60 Corrado and instead of having a supercharger it has a Turbonetics T3 turbo..

Also the G60 engine is completly standard, no cams etc etc have been changed.

The car flys as it is, very quick but, I am looking for some power gains, i was told if i got it chipped or remapped it would go a little wilder.

Any suggestions where i can get this done from, Price, The gains i could expect, any idea's guys?? (From london )

Also would it be a good idea to get the cams changed to like ermm 280 or 300, gas flow etc.. i don't know much about it so if you guys could shine some light would be great.

Thanks

Shazz

stealth racing are pretty good with turbo set ups and should be able to map it for ya.

Gasflowing is always good and proberly a piper 285 cam? not that hot on 8vs

stealth racing are pretty good with turbo set ups and should be able to map it for ya.

Gasflowing is always good and proberly a piper 285 cam? not that hot on 8vs

Thanks Flusted..So your saying Gasflowing n piper cams won't make much of a difference on the 8v engine?

Hi, i've gotta a G60 Turbo, just put a big valve head on it(still standard cam), and it's made a big difference, i'm running more power at less boost.

Definately reccomended.

As for remapping, I have always gone to Jabba Sport for mine, but they did do the conversion.

Hi, i've gotta a G60 Turbo, just put a big valve head on it(still standard cam), and it's made a big difference, i'm running more power at less boost.

Definately reccomended.

As for remapping, I have always gone to Jabba Sport for mine, but they did do the conversion.

Was just wondering mate what sort of figures do you get for 0-60 etc.. Also have you come up against some like erm scooby's, Civic type r's, bmw's etc and how did you do? :wink:

Thanks

Hi mate,

Don't have any 0-60 times as yet, there's a rr day on the 9th, so i'll be able to give you an idea on power soon.

More details are here.

As for comparisons, Civic's are pretty easy cos no one i've raced mods the engine too much, Scoobys, I can beat mildly modded turbo's but theres a couple of big power ones that always give me a whuppin!! :shock:

Hi mate,

Don't have any 0-60 times as yet, there's a rr day soon, so i'll be able to give you an idea on power soon.

More details are here.

As for comparisons, Civic's are pretty easy cos no one i've raced mods the engine too much, Scoobys, I can beat mildly modded turbo's but theres a couple of big power ones that always give me a whuppin!! :shock:

Gee's dave didnt now yours was that quick cant wait to see it at rr'day! can you twake me for a spin please! ill return the favour allthough i feel mine might be a bit tame!

No worries mate. 8)

If i can get the bloody thing back on the road it time I'll take you for a spin, I'd actually be quite interested to see how yours goes as it seems quite modded, and i'll never turn down a chance to hear that charger whine again! :D

Pitstop can map your engine to suit. I think they already may have a suitable map too base it on as well.

I'm going to remap a Corrado G60 using a T3 60 on a ATP manifold, redtops and 3,5 bar fpr in a few weeks

The standard G60 cam will probably work better than a 280-300 degree cam, they will mostly make it spool later.