Sign in to follow this  
Adam Darby

megasquirt

hi all if was to change me corrado 16vT over to megasuirt EFI what exactly would i need to order from them, and what would i need to get myslef. any info's great cheers

read the megasquirt site mate first, then decide if you still want ms or msns or another variant. you need to know. what injectors etc you are using what you are using for spark and how you are gonna fit it all to the engine.

do some research first

well i want to know what injector's to use ive read that you can use a 16v mk3 golf inletmanifold then use G60 injector's (i think it said grey top) is that right.

I would like to keep the dizzy so how would i do that.

i get lost on that site everything is too technical lol.

Basically i am trying to find out all the parts i would need to get hold of and all the parts i would have to order from mega squirt.

im trying to post on the mega squirt form but ive not been activated yet

if yuo look on vortex fort a diagram by midnight gli. that will explian the wiring involved for running spark. you need the ignition module that i think you will have. the G60 has it built in to the ECU so i had to get one.

what i can say is i wouldn't do it if you onluy want a little more power. id do digi 1 if you only want say 300hp. 1 bar of boost on a decent turbo runnig digi 1 will do 300.

go with 440cc injectors minimum. personnal unless you are changing turbo and ic id go with a sns and maybe the 504cc that i think they use.

if you wanna tune yourself then ms is a good option.

i plan to run maybe 24-26psi when fully setup so digi 1 is past its best at that.

your gonna need.

ms of some sought

fuel lines

rail

injectors

pressure regulator.

throttle body with tps or use mapdot.

new sensors (no point using old ones)

then dependant on what you want from it.

board mods to control isv and support spark

you need the ecu and loom. a few sensors and a chip. not too bad an install. a G60 throttle body would help too.

in all homnesty ms is a great system but has to be designed to meet the requirement as its not an off the shelf product. when ive done scooby stuff the ecu is usually a replacent for the standard one so is plug and play. ont the case with ms.

when im finished i may have a better instruction but it is technical and lots of work has to be done first to understand what you have and therefore what you need. keithmac has been a good help. he seems to know more aobut soldering variious electonics and the reasoning than me. and he has a fully working 16vG60. mines still a bunch of wiring and engine bits.

well sofar my list is

mk3 16v inlet manifold

G60 throttle body

G60 ECU, LOOM

504cc injectors

SNS chip (dont no what stage yet)

Sensors? (dont know what sensors yet)

anything else lol

Cheers for the help by the way

you need. blue temp switch, co-pot, o2 probe. throttle switches full and idle. knock sensor

speak to bilal or darren. they may have digi 1 parts. also chekc on here for full digi loom sales

inlet wise. either make a short runner or buy a rail from bbm or darren or somebody else who does. no need for mk3 inlet. get the inserts for the injectors from vw. buy G60 injecto cups. unscrew the k-jet ones and screw these in. real easy that bit. i got a eurospeed rail but there are loads out there.

if you like as were are close, im in oldham i could meet you some time and let you have a look at some of the bits i have, the msns, fuel rail etc. you could also look at the G60 so you know what sensors we are talking for digi.

sopke to some one a min ago i need to swap the water temp housing but he is not sure what car its off anybody know.

so know its

BBM fuel rail ($139)

G60 throttle body

G60 ECU, LOOM

504cc injectors or standard ones

SNS chip (dont no what stage yet)

Sensors? (Water temp housing and an air temp or presuure)

blue temp switch, co-pot, o2 probe. throttle switches full and idle. knock sensor he didnt say out about these Ill look into it and look for prices

yeh ill have to have a look at your car if you dont mind

so am i right in saying that the G60 ECU plugs into the dizzy on the 16v

do the extra sensors that i will have to put in wire up to the ECU as well

get a full G60 wiring harness for the engine with sensors and the ECU. then the fuel rail and injectors. use a G60 injector harness if you can. same dizzy plug IIRC

lol what do you mean then injector harness?

and by the way if anybody has any of the parts i need please PM me with details cheers

when you take off you manifold it splits in 2. in the lower section attached to the ports the injectors sit. remove them and some screw in bits are fitted. fit digi ones instead and the manifold is ready to go.

ive got a G60 loom for sale if u want one mate. no ECU, just the engine loom

hopelfully got a Loom now off Rob_B (next week)

what sensors do i need to get ( part numbers please)

will they be cheap enough to buy new.

cheers

by the sounds of it you will need: lambda probe,

blue and black water temp sensors

probably oil pressure switches

CO pot for the intercooler pipe

also switches from on inlet. fuel over run(?) isv maybe

yes fit the probe down the exhaust bout 1 m from the turbo. too close itll burn out. no cat = good.

not sure what exhaust youhave but go 2.5 or if possible 3 inch straight thru 1 box. thats how to make power but may induce some more noise. if you are on a faily standard pipe you may gain 20 or 30 hp from the exhaust alone.