Sign in to follow this  
Dboy

40mm or 55mm lowering

i used to have 40 mm lowering on my old G60 on 16" wheels. I have 16" wheels on my new G60 and am looking to lower it but would like it a little lower than my old 40mmsprings. - the nearest compromise without going stupidly low ive found is 55mm springs - anyone running these? is the ride ok or is it really harsh? ive got koni top adjustables on it 2!

comments appreciated - also any photos of peeps' motors running 55mm springs 8)

APEX Springs and shocks. bumpy than standard but no too bad and u keep all ur teeth in place which cool

used to have 40 mm lowering on my old G60 on 16" wheels. I have 16" wheels on my new G60 and am looking to lower it but would like it a little lower than my old 40mmsprings. - the nearest compromise without going stupidly low ive found is 55mm springs - anyone running these? is the ride ok or is it really harsh? ive got koni top adjustables on it 2!

comments appreciated - also any photos of peeps' motors running 55mm springs

Cheers,

DaveyBoy

The Koni TA's are only rated to be lowered 30mm!

If you wanna go that low and be able to change your mind if the rides too nasty, it's time to go for the coilovers so that you can select your own ride height and ride quality! 8) :lol: :D

They range from around £250 (although I wouldn't advise buying the cheapest!) upto silly money but you can get something pretty reasonable at sensible money...

I've got a Supersport coilover kit on my G60 and the ride's nice (although I've only got her 30mm lower). The ride wasn't horrendous when I first put the kit on and it settled down at -80mm :shock: :lol:

Worth thinking about IMHO... Although, whatever you go for, get it setup properly and you'll scare the hell outta just about anything else on the twisty bits! 8) :lol:

Ker-plink! :D