Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

price request on cv joint please

cheers andy i wish g-werks could do it but not an option before rr day im afraid as i was there yesterday getting water pump done and cant get back over to the mainland before then coz of work!

so does anyone had one fitted at a garage recently? please thanks andy

They can send you the part and prob tell you how much for fitting at a local garage. Just got to get someone to fit it then.

yeah thats what i want andy was just gonna ask you guys before i got a quote at lunch time see how much you paid to tell whether it was cheap or expensive!

so anyone had there's done?

I had one done on my previous car. Think it cost me 1 to 2 hours in labour. (depends how much the garage charges per hour)

Part from gsf, depending on which one you need.

43894 CV JOINT KIT-OUTER CO VR6 8/91 > 54.00

43937K CV JOINT KIT-INNER LH CO 9/88 > 43.50

43938K CV JOINT KIT-INNER RH CO 9/88 > 43.50

45027 CV BOOT KIT-OUTER CO VR6 8/91 > 8.25

All plus Vat.

Use a genuine joint if you can get one - the outer GSF ones on my TDi are showing signs of wear after 30k miles and the VW ones also come with the mkV plastic boots (superceded parts)

Think I paid about £190 all in (inc vat) using genuine parts at an independant VW garage. The passenger side was done about 2 years ago and the right is only now showing signs that it too needs doing.

hi supercharged and all regarding this ive had a very good bit of luck one of my best mates brothers works at nationals and he is going to do both cv joints in his spare time for only £110.00 thats with parts hes getting it all how goods that! getting it done on sat just in time for RR DAY eventually something good has come from owning the C i now know a mechanic on the island that should be able to sort me out!