Sign in to follow this  
Ronan

Passat TDi ARB's?

Just seen a Turbo Diesel Passat (the shape you can get the door handles from) at my mate's garage and they have a massive ARB on the front - has anyone ever used this on a Rado? If so, has it worked?

Cheers!

Would the Audi S3 ARB's (that are a reccomended upgrade for all MK4 Golf owners) be a viable option for Corrado owners too Steve?

Ok, here's the score...

All the passats had a 24mm Bar as far as I can see, 357 411 309A

All 4 Cyl Corrado's up to K chassis had an 18mm and 23mm after (both mk2 parts)

All VR6 C's had the 20mm based on a mk3 part

So no idea if the Passat one would fit but it would be worth someone getting a second hand one and having a go... they are about £80 new but by the time you've bought the drop links and bushes you'd be halfway to an eibach or H&R kit containing both bars...

You've also got to be careful with handling as you don't want to stiffen the front up too much...

I have Eibach front and rear on the G60 and it's a bit twitchy in the wet so you have to be careful but then again the car feels tighter and steering is more precise with them (had both fitted at same time so can't comment on what made the difference)

The TDi Corrado handles really well but is lower and has bigger wheels than the G60 plus poly front bushes and brand new rear ones, I would like to get an ARB kit and just try a rear first really but the front is original and rusty and could do with changing... I need to read a bit more about the affects first tho as I'm also tempted to try a rear upper strutbrace at some point.

Also forgot to mention the droplinks are all different parts which could come in useful when fitting aftermarket ARB's as there is no way you'll get Eibachs to go thru brand new Corrado ones...

I have one of those passats at home for parts and saw the arb on it and thought exactly the same as you (ie fcuking hell that's massive, I wonder would it fit my golf) but I'm pretty sure it won't work on a corrado/mk2.

Well the subframes and wishbones are different, I think where it attaches to the subframe is different, will take a few pictures tomorrow if I think of it.

ah right ok, I thought the subframes were the same on mk2's/Corrados and Passats, but thats fine I'm more than likely wrong!

I thought they were too but I took the whole engine/box/subframe out of this one a few weeks back and it definitely looked different to me.

If I get a chance I'll take some pictures of it ;)