Sign in to follow this  
Ronan

G60 Gearbox

Went to see someone I know yesterday who races a Mk2 Golf and a Corrado (posted pictures ages ago) which use the 2l 16v engine.

I spoke to him about wanting to change the ratios in my box to a VR6 1st and 2nd and possibly the final drive - this is what G60 owners usually do isn't it?

What I want to know its the actual ratio of these because he has a ridiculous amount of gears just sitting around in boxes, and also, is there anything else which would suit the G60 better, seeing as he has so much laying around?

Cheers!

ronan if you find anything out other than the vr 1st and 2nd let us know plz buddy as ive always been interested if others/better ratios can be used! be used do you want it for sprinting or low down torque?

I don't think I'll be doing sprinting in it cause if I break it I'll cry, and I keep getting offered cars which are perfect for track abuse, I'd like something which would give a bit of better acceleration and be better suited to running 17's etc...

you don't change the G60 final drive... ;)

The reason you do the 1st and reverse as well is 'cos the shaft that's got 2nd gear on it also has 1st and reverse built in and cannot be split...

If he's got a VR main shaft, then it'll have the correct ratios on it... can't help with teeth numbers or the like, Vince dealt with all that lot, I just supplied him (via PhatVR6) a VR box to split and put bits in my G60 box.... 8)

There is a long thread on Vortex about the ratios available for the 02a 'box. I have got some of them written down somewhere.... if i find time i'll dig them out..... or if i find a lot of time i'll look on Etka and let you know from that.

I'm building a box using bits from a g60 and tdi boxes.