Sign in to follow this  
Craig

Off to g-werks for a chip/pulley etc

finally got the money coming in (uni loans) and thanks to the amazing guys at brentacre i can now mod my g60 as much as i like with no effect to the insurance! so i can finally chip the c and be legally insured! what guys!

anyway booked it in with darren tomorrow for the sns chip, 68mm pulley, rsr outlet and a much needed oil cooler as ive been seeing 130 degrees lately!!!! also guna use a bit more of his time and get the front kitted with new bushes and maybe one or two other minor bits.

being scouring the forum for previous posts about what difference the chip/pulley make and im looking forward to the results. everyone seems to say its the most noticeable change when driving the car. if anyones got any input on these mods then feel free, always best tho to expect the worse then if it goes like stink then its a bonus!

watch this space then as i get my car back on sunday and hopefully all will be ok....fingers crossed as ive had bad luck lately!

Yep I have a Stage 4 charger just rebuilt by the man at G. Plus 68mm pulley and an SNS 5.5 chip. Rsr kit and other bits. Just waiting to run her now. Fitting the rear weitec kit at the mo. Well not at the mo kids off for the week. No time for me to play :(

Just what i wanted to know aswell. I have a R1 supercharger done by jabba, but its running the stock pulley. Was wondering how much it would cost to get a smaller pulley such as a 68mm and a chip ? and what sort of gains would i gain? Plus does it shorten the life of the charger?

Thanks guys

young lad, do you know how long it is since the charger was last rebuilt? In my personal opinion, it'd be worth getting the charger checked over at the very least before sticking on a smaller pulley.

The smaller pulley makes the charger spin faster, so it means that you have to have it checked over/rebuilt more often than on the standard pulley...

As for power, you're looking at a good 20bhp increase (genuine, not pub talk figure!) for a 68mm and SNS chip which is a lot of bang for your bucks...

Call Darren at G-werks for prices... 8)

which is a lot of bang for your bucks...

Not a phrase that should be used too regularly in reference to G-Lader fettling matey ;)

Hehe..

Henny from what i am aware, it has had a brand new charger put on in 2002 and in 2003 it was sent off to jabba to get upgraded to R1, since then the car hasn't been driven much, i think its only covered hmmm 3k miles max since 03.

Charger should be fine ?? I mean i never owned a g60 supercharged before so i can't really compare it to anything but, i think it does take sometime to spin up in 1st and 2nd, reving about 2-3 while doing 20ish mph in second, but once it hits 3,000 revs approx it jus goes like anything, smooth delivery, all the way to red line. :)

sounds about right... 8)

Where abouts are you based? May be worth getting it down to G-werks to get the chip and pulley fitted and it mildly fettled while it's there... you won't be dissapointed! ;)

I"ve got a stg5 no lag chip fitted in my 2.016v g60 engine,night and day difference in idle,consumption,first morning start-up,exellent chip that originally designed for an 8v g60 motor,imagine how well a dedicated 16v-g60 eeprom must be like...

after much delay due to unforseen circumstances ive now finally been able to get down to darren and what a result! just had the chip and 68mm pulley and the car feels so much more alive and ready to go in any gear! and it now sounds absolutely awesome! love it! definately worth the cash! just planning on what to save up for next! fmic or big valve head maybe! who knows? not for a while tho till the grin on my face settles down :D