Sign in to follow this  
BlackHeartValentine

Sometimes My Clutch Just Sticks To The Floor!?

I was waiting to get gas at a packed station and suddenly the cluth pedal just stuck to the floor! All I had to do was pull it out with my foot but at first I didn't know what happened. Can Anyone Tell me WTF is wrong here? :(

Yep, hydraulic problem - if its on the original slave then my moneys on that - new ones are plastic inside and don't corrode in the same way... look for fluid ontop of the gear box altho the leak internally at first so there may not be anything..

When was the fluid last changed??

ardandy, your throttle cable may need replacing mate. Take the bottom dash bits out and stick your head underneath. You will be able to see if the cable has snapped / come unstuck

there's a spring on the clutch pedal which sometimes sticks if the pedal is pressed further than normal. It sounds like you may have a leak (as suggested above) or you need to bleed the clutch hydraulics as something is probably making the pedal go down further than normal.

It'd also help if you lube up the pivot on the clutch pedal and the linkage to the master cylinder, as 10+ years of crud off peoples feet tends to gather in the pivot grease and clog it up somewhat... :roll: