Sign in to follow this  
kasman21

1.8 16v really jumpy!!!any ideas??

Hey Guys

My rado has become more and more jumpy in first gear recently!!! its really bad, its pulling if i floor it no probs but if i dont floor it, it is really jumpy?? any ideas. I was thinking the timing or maybe a tune up?? If that is the case where should I bring it to sort it?? Im in Lincoln. But i hear stealth would be a good place to go! anyway more local??

thanks all

Zak

start with the basics fella ..... plugs, fuel filter, wires hanging off, ..... nothing worse than paying money to someone for something you could find yerself, once you do the simple stuff then it will help to narrow down the possible reasons for any rough running, ..... it may be useful to list any work that has been done recently as this may have some bearing on your problems you have now, ... and lastly, the search may well be a good source of info, best of luck mr kasman21,

i had a check yesterday and everything looked perfect, changed spark plugs and didn't sort it. ill have to double check again tonight and see if im missing something, but if something wasn't entirly right wouldn't the car react the same in every gear???

thanks gaz

best thing is to yank and twist on all the pipes n hoses while its running....you'l hear a hiss or change of tone if you disturb a split