Sign in to follow this  
too hot

Rear Spoiler

Does any one know if the rear spoiler has a speed sensor on the gearbox,or is there a sensor somewhere else.The spoiler on my car does not go up at speed,I have tried changing the sensor box at the dash near the switch and checked all the wiring at that point. The spoiler can be operated by the dash switch without any problems.Any ideas? :?:

Does any one know if the rear spoiler has a speed sensor on the gearbox,or is there a sensor somewhere else.The spoiler on my car does not go up at speed,I have tried changing the sensor box at the dash near the switch and checked all the wiring at that point. The spoiler can be operated by the dash switch without any problems.Any ideas? :?:

The sensor is on the gear box somewhere not sure where though. you'll need a 22mm spanner/socket to get it ouy.

if you have a non OEM radio check the wireing to make sure the speed senor signal cable is NOT wired to the radio.

G60Jet, Andi, Thanks for the replies guys the answer is yes to the stereo question I heard that there is a wire some where in the area of the stereo that has something to do with the spoiler speed sensor.I am going to take the stereo out over the weekend and replace it with a new one anyway.So while I`m doing that I will check the wiring.I had a look at the gear box before but I could only find the speedo drive I took all that out and checked it and it seemed OK.I don`t know if the sensor on the gearbox is on the underneath.I`ll try the stereo first.

The MFA is working fine no problems there.

:? :? :?

G60Jet, Andi, Hi, took the old radio out over the weekend,it was fitted using the standard ISO connector,none of the original wiring had been touched.The spoiler does not work with the stereo either fitted or not.I wonder if changing the motor would help :?: I read on one of the US sites about a guy having this problem and the motor was strong enough to raise and lower the spoiler using the switch but not automatically whilst driving :? Seems strange,possibly only in America :!: Any ideas or should I just buy a manual :!: 8)

Too Hot

I think you've pissed the point Did you try the car without a radio fitted as the wire you MAY need to remove is in the standard ISO block.

If the spoiler works on the switch the then the motor is okay. contact Niko a try and change the spoiler control unit for another one. or test the wireing from unit to the spoiler motor.

G60Jet, I did try the car both with and without the radio fitted, I have tried replacing the dash spoiler control unit( I`ve now got three if anyone needs a replacement) without success.I think I`ll try checking the rest of the wiring.I don`t see how removing a wire from the ISO block is likely to get it working as the wire is there from standard and shouldn`t effect the spoiler without a radio connected. :?: :?: :?

The wiring loom for the radio has a wire from the VSS to the radio to turn the volume up as you got faster, only the Gamma radios from the factory had this feature but, the loom was the same on all models.

Now some radios use the same connection for other features (apparently). and some non oem radios have the feature but use a different signal. now this casues the spoiler to fail. so you may have to pull this lead out of the ISO block, however if it doesn't work with the radio out, then the problem is else where. The Bentley Manual says the VSS is mounted on the transmission, but does not show where. May be a look on the dealers comp software can tell you where it is

G60Jet,Thanks for trying,it`s too cold here to go out and fiddle about with it at the moment I`ll try when it gets a bit milder,not losing sleep over it at the moment. :!: :!: 8)