Sign in to follow this  
villie

thermostat and temp senders

the first thing y'all prolly gonna say is "DO A SEARCH!!!!", well i have been looking and after two days, i have no answer. :(

The question is.... where do i find the thermostat and temperature senders on a 1.8 16v corrado? Is there more than one temp sender??

My (water??) temp guage rises to just under 90 degrees when the engine is started from cold and after driving for a while, it sits at just under 110 degrees.

My MFA (oil temp??) rises and most of the time sits at about 110, i've seen it go up to 114 - 116 sitting in traffic. I've seen it once at 120!!!

I've replaced the radiator switch but it doesn't come on until the temp of the oil is about 106 degrees. I'v seen one on awesome-gti which I'm thinking about buying that claims to turn the fan on at a lower temp.

One more thing, what are the part numbers for the thermostat and temp senders?

thanks in advanced... :oops:

p.s you can see from the attachments what im talking about. the one where the mfa reads --- is when i was about to start the car (all warning lights on) the other is when i got home from work 40mins later