Sign in to follow this  
matt buz

newbie car

Hey

Am new to all this but looking forward to finding stuff out about the C.

Just been looking at everyones corrados and there are some top top looking cars out there!!!

Got mine in Feb and have fallen in love with it. Although I didnt fall in love with the insurance quotes i got . I am 30 and have 4 years no claims. HIC (who have been very good to me in the past) wanted 965 fully comp! I aged 10 years on the spot. After much ringing around I got a deal with Tesco for around 750 including a no claims protection.

Anyhow about the car

Its a standard 2.0l 16v with a full black leather karmann interior and a full electric pack and FSH.

I bought it for the colour and the interior and although I wasnt after a 2.0l 16v the relatively low mileage (73k)and FSH sold it to me.

I had to drive it back from london to Leeds and grinned all the way home apart from when I was undertaken by a green g60!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am looking into performance mods but dont really know where to start (put in a replacement K&N filter when I got it)

Was going to get an exhaust but I dont want the noise that goes with it. I have seen "chips" for sale at places like AMD but I would appreciate it if someone could give me feedback on the performace gains of this chip.

Any ideas would be good

Alloys and clear rear light clusters on the horizon.

Later

Buz

Welcome Buz,

Thats a great looking example you've got there. I think that colour is not unlike the new RS Focus 8)

Not sure on the chips for your car but you'll not go far wrong with AMD

Looking at the bottom left corner of the first pic it looks Twilight Violet, same as mine. Very nice colour. :D Hard to tell with the second pic.

matt buz, welcome to the forum.

cheers fellas

All very good of you to comment and welcome me.

Am looking very forward to maybe seeing you out on the road.

Later

Buz

Matt, try admiral for insurance... I was able to find quotes as low as £660 fully comp for a LHD VR6 with 4 years NCD, clean licence, 27 years of age....

hefty excess though!

I think where you live/leave the car is a big factor on these... it can attract unwanted attention.. :evil:

Matt,

Welcome to the forum. Looks very similar to my old 1994 Blackberry 2.0 16v - though I never had leather in mine.

Performance mods are a little limited on the 2.0 16v unless you fancy spending quite a bit of cash. Best bets for a very small performance boost (but generally better feeling car) might be a replacement air filter element and good quality sports exhaust (obviously a bit of extra noise, but nice noise from the 2 litre engine).

A rechip is quite expensive and doesn't release huge amounts of performance on the 16v.. but if you have the money to do it, its worth doing.

thanks again

nearly bought a milltek exhaust yesterday for £285 but have other stuff to spend cash on unfortunatly. Will look at rechipping a bit sooner though as its all good fun and plenty have told me to do so

Will check out admiral as well for the insurance as it can do no harm.

Later all

Matt

Matt,

Norwich Union Direct may be a good try for the insurance, i am 31 with full no claims and got it for 327 TPFT, beat my present insurers by over £100, and my corrado is parked on the road. Cant see the fully comp being that much more.

Regards, Caroline

woah you are getting stung on your insurance!

im 23 with 4 years ncd and only pay £900 fully comp on my vr6! thats with HIC too :shock:

Then again i do live on the isle of wight where its very hard to get a stolen car off it undetected!

welcome to the board mate, i love that colour :)

woah you are getting stung on your insurance!

im 23 with 4 years ncd and only pay £900 fully comp on my vr6! thats with HIC too :shock:

Then again i do live on the isle of wight where its very hard to get a stolen car off it undetected!

welcome to the board mate, i love that colour :)

I think my postcode does not help at all as it went up a fair bit when i moved a mile down the road.

Am going to check out some more this week when I get chance but the fact that my insurance is quite high means that I am in two minds about modding it.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm purple