Sign in to follow this  
bcstudent

2.0 16v (9A) overrun cut-off system

What I'm looking for is as much information about the KE-Motronic overrun cut-off system as possible. This might include a diagram of the system components, descriptions and/or pictures of their location on the car, etc. Basically, anything you know!

I've got an ongoing fault with a 9A-engine'd Corrado that I'm convinced is down to the faulty operation of the overrun-cutoff system. The problem is I can't find enough information about it to go fault finding.

I did the Haynes manual tests on the differential pressure valve current loop last time I had the car here and got some odd results. I intend to look further into it this time. So far I've replaced the ECU temp switch, the ECU and the differential pressure valve, with no change. I've just take delivery of a complete fuel distributor assembly also, which will allow me to rule out the air-flow meter potentiometer and the fuel distributor itself.

The car sometimes (increasingly) runs like it's in overrun cut-off mode from cold and drastically loses power/surges. When it's warmed up it's fine, which is hard for me to explain as I'm not sure what the ECU is doing differently between cold/warm running conditions. My head hurts just thinking about it.

Thanks in advance :)

Ok...so I guess nobody out there knows anything about this. How about some pictures of a 9A airbox showing the position of the overrun cut-off valve and the diaphragm pressure valve? Any takers? Please?!...

Still talking to myself apparently, but here goes...

After a look in my Passat Haynes manual is appears that there isn't an overrun cut-off valve on the KE-Motronic system like there is on the K-Jet system. This would lead me to believe that the differential pressure valve handles overrun cut-off completely...but what controls the differential pressure valve?!

The K-Jet cars have a controller behind the centre console that deals with the idle valve and overrun cut-off. Do the KE-Motronic cars have the same type of thing? Does anyone have one for sale?

HELP.

More investigation has uncovered this information. It would appear from the diagram that all fueling, including idle speed control and overrun cut-off is controlled by the ECU. Not surprising really.

All I can do now is get the dodgy car here and go through all the connections between the ECU and the system components one by one.