Sign in to follow this  
Szarky

Dusty Mauve Corrado pics please

apparently they only came on the Campaign Corrado (they only made them in one color?), is this a dark brown color? Can't tell from the pics I've seen so far, anyone got different angled pics. Thanks!

It was a standard colour on the mk3 and there seem to be a lot of Vento's about also - its fairly rare and looks suberb when polished up, a mate of mine has clay-barred his and the finish is fantastic

I have a shot of Campaigns Campaign (ahem) but its in shadows, and from the time of year where the roads get your car REALLY mucky and grimey - so the colour is very hard to make out.

But here tis anyway..

The colour could probably be best described as a kind of dark brown with red mixed in, which does sparkle a bit in direct sunlight. Whenever the next show is on (and Jeremy is there in his Campaign) I must remeber to take a whole bunch of pictures as this topic does come up quite a bit :)

Not being terribly good with colours (slightly colour-blind y'see!) I tend to describe it as "light black, with Gold and Silver metallic". Really does shine up nice, the top photo doesn't do the colour any justice whatsoever really does it :(

how come it looks really purple in the pics you guys posted and looks really browny red in this pic: corrado_campaign_001_jpg.jpg Or is that just the dirt n' bushes that are brown reflecting off it :roll: ? lol

how come it looks really purple in the pics you guys posted and looks really browny red in this pic: corrado_campaign_001_jpg.jpg Or is that just the dirt n' bushes that are brown reflecting off it :roll: ? lol

i would imagine that its cos its maybe a pearlescent paint effect as my classic green storm can look very bright green in sunlight yet if its overcast can easily be mistaken as black

ive got a dusty mauve 16v 94, is this rare?

sorry but its impossible(from the factory that is) :wink: ......tis a campaign-only shade........tbh urs looks more like twilight violet anyway......easiest way to check is the paint code sticker found in the boot or on the driver-side inner-wing

Having had a good look at Jeremys car on the other weekend at the Midlands meet, I feel I can comment on the colour a little more now.

In normal light the car is a kind of browny purple - quite a dark colour - but when the paint gets exposed to bright light, a nice kind of violet / purple colour shines through instead. Its very cool indeed :)

ive got a dusty mauve 16v 94, is this rare?

sorry but its impossible(from the factory that is) :wink: ......tis a campaign-only shade........tbh urs looks more like twilight violet anyway......easiest way to check is the paint code sticker found in the boot or on the driver-side inner-wing

Roddy - I've seen Corrados for sale on Autotrader advertised as Dusty Mauve but they were not Campaign models. I was under the impression that the colour had not been seen on Corrados until the Campaign model but after the Campaign it was a colour choice. :?

Dunno if anyone can clear this up?

I have always thought that Dusty Mauve shared some similar characteristics to Dark Burgundy Pearl. Looks similar in the above pic - just more reddish than purple really.

I always thought it was the only Corrado to wear the colour from standard.

I thought that other VW models, such as the Mk3 Golf, did have this as a factory colour though.

My 91 16 valver was advertised as dusty mauve, and not knowing any different at the time took this as read.

Only later when i checked the colour code i realised it was the dark burgondy pearl effect.

This doesn't really clear any of the above up, other than to say that auto trader ads are only as reliable as the people writing them.

:wink:

I dunno.....people are calling duty mauve "brown" when it's blatantly purple, and I went and bought a dark burgundy pearl corrado, only to find that the f*cker looked purple when I got it home!

Yep vr6storm was right after all! It turns out the colour is Twilight violet pearl effect (LC4T), I was under the impression It was Dusty Mauve as that was what it advertised as!

I thought I might have got my hands on a seriously rare corrado for minute :o

Roddy - I've seen Corrados for sale on Autotrader advertised as Dusty Mauve but they were not Campaign models. I was under the impression that the colour had not been seen on Corrados until the Campaign model but after the Campaign it was a colour choice. :?

Dunno if anyone can clear this up?

I have always thought that Dusty Mauve shared some similar characteristics to Dark Burgundy Pearl. Looks similar in the above pic - just more reddish than purple really.

i don't doubt for a minute that you've seen C's advertised as dusty mauve glenn..........its just that most of the time (unless the vendor knows 100% what colour his/her car is) car colours get described differently from what the actual colour is.......a prime example is sometimes the colour of classic green storms is described as BRG(british racing green)

I hear you Roddy - I was certain though that I read an article about the Campaigns saying that they were only available in Dusty Mauve which was a hitherto unheard of colour on Corrados - I'm sure it said something like that and it then gave me the impression that after the Campaign's there were models available in that colour. The mystery continues...............

:lol:

I dunno.....people are calling duty mauve "brown" when it's blatantly purple, and I went and bought a dark burgundy pearl corrado, only to find that the f*cker looked purple when I got it home!

Or as my MOT certificate says "PRUPLE" :lol:

I'll check my paint code tonight, and let peeps know so they can check theirs...