Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

My gauges are icky

So I'm driving one day and my gauges are working perfectly, then the next day they dont work. I have probably tried everything. I checked fuses wires, took the lights out, tore the dash apart looking for non connected wires, they just dont work. none of my dash lights work. the cigarette lighter light doesnt work, heater lights = no work. the turn signals work, along with the brights and all the litle LED type lights on the bottom of the dash. if anyone has any info please feel free to respond. also the little oil can means oil pressure? because mine goes off every once in a while. and what is a good oil and water temp to be at. mine goes up to 240 oil on freeway, (due to exhaust leak). and I was wondering if this is really dangerous. water is at 200. but lights still dont work so anyone with info please respond or E-mail me at mailto:[email protected] thanx a bunch!

so anyone with info please respond or E-mail me at

People, there is no need to put your email address on a public forum.

When writing your message, if you select "Notify me when a reply is posted", every reply to this topic will be emailed to the address you registered with - and I've set it up so it sends the actual post too - not just a notification!

You'll find the majority of users would prefer to keep their email address private and reply on the forum, rather than a 1-on-1 email, to which the details everyone else looses out on.

Sorry I can't help you, potatonet, but I'm sure someone will be able to respond on here soon.

1. gauges/lights not working, I'm sure its all the same root cause, get the Bentley manual and trace one circuit that isn't working until you find where the juice is stopping

2. beep beep beep yeah I'm familiar with that check out my "oil pressure warning buzzer driving me mad" thread also in the Problems forum

Skye