Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Insurance with a happy ending!

Took out my insurance with Elephant to insure my corrado last year and Paid about £925 fully comp with 1 years NC.

I recieved my renewal quote, direct from elephant a few weeks ago, and the price was £860. I thought this was a bit sh1t, so went online and used the same details (forgetting my dad, as he no longer lives with me) and got the quote of £730. This has saved me £130 so far...

Realising im 21 in about 2 weeks, i thought Id ask elephant to quote me as a 21 yo, to be told that they take this into account. The girl then asked if i wanted my dad on, and i of course replied with "whatever makes it cheaper!" I also tried to ask if i could be insured for 3 weeks, and then re-do it as a 21 yo. She pretty much ignored all my requests, and so i went away and tried a new quote making myself 1 month older, and so a 21 yo for the purpose of the quote.

The quote was......

£590.97!

So i phoned back and was gonna insure it for 3 weeks, until i was 21, and then re-insure for the whole year, but the bloke who i managed to get through to told me that they would match the quote, all i had to was to give the ref number!!

So from a bit of chasing and effort i have successfully saved myself £270.

Im pretty chuffed, although it illustrates very well how insurance companies are willing to screw you!! :p

shaggsy- call that screwin' wait till they tell u the car they've extorted heavy premiums out of you for years is actuallly worth less than a packet of woodbines when you make a claim. then try not to burst a blood vessel or anything else when they write to you to this effect & the haggling begins & all the time you're left without a car-& yes sir are "customer service" is excellent-all our adverts say this :mad:

Shaggsyi had to fight my insurance down second time round and i got mine £1400 less

You saved £1400?! Jeeesus.

Shaggsyi had to fight my insurance down second time round and i got mine £1400 less

You saved £1400?! Jeeesus.

Yea was originally paying £2800 when I was 18 and first started to drive, now I looked/searched a bit more and got it for £1400 :)