Sign in to follow this  
TIMMYVR

SUPERCHARGER OUTLET TO INTERCOOLER PIPE

Hello everyone, am new to the forum, must say there is some brilliant info on here from some really nice people. Just bought a 92 G60 Corrado. It has a stage four Jabba Sport supercharger which runs into a custom front mount intercooler which is between the front of the car and the radiator. the charger has a jabba sport outlet pipe on it which runs into a samco hose, which turns back sharply on itself as it decends down to the intercooler intake. It seems as if the hose has a kink in it which is surely restricting boost? (there is a boost gauge in the car which boosts up to 12lb at certain points of acceleration not sure if this is right as have only ever had Vrs up to now?) does anyone know of a custom metal pipe that is angled down below the supercharger that i could connect the hose to lower down and eliminate the kink? SORRY FOR SUCH A LONG POST EVERYONE JUST A BIT STUCK. THANKYOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME AND EXPERTISE IN THIS MATTER.

welcome to the forum mate :)

I'm sure one of the G60 boys will be along shortly and answer the question (I have no idea purple monkey dishwasher) :)

thanks mate its all quite complicted for me to. Find the vr6 mcch easier tou understand. but the g60 was in such nice condition we had to have it.

Hi fellow 60 owner :D

welcome.

You got any photo's of the pipe? Best bet is custom bent. 1 pipe will not break the bank.

Your best off using a proper u-bend fitting for doing this, it's what I'm using on mine. You can get them from G-werks but they are quite expensive. IIRC they are £90 for the U-Bend, but you also need the correct gasket for it which incorporates a the banana shaped spacer bar that you currently have connected to your charger. The gasket is about £35!!!

But have a look

http://www.g-werks.com/site/Default.asp ... ccessories

Its the first product on there - hte Rallye Outlet

Thanks ever so much for your help everyone its much appreciated. The car boosts to 12 lb on the boost gauge, is this good? the car does seem very quick and accelrates really well.

The boost shown on the gauge will be dependent on the pulley size, boost leaks if you have any and the head (ie ported, cams or stock) and the piping. Also a bigger intercooler will tend to rob some flow but will give you better gains.