Sign in to follow this  
DUB

What Cheap Mods Can You Recommend?

:roll: How we doin this very fine day peeps, have been askin really since i joined about any cool cheap mods to be done on my C, as my budget for the min is tight - due to over spending by my good women, was wondering if any of your good selves good give me any tips on tweeking my C, as i've often thought that less is more and the smallest things can make the biggest effects, help gratefully appreciated :wink:

lol, BLOCK capital title, title seems to make no sense, has to be you again!!! :D

you'll need to say what you are running, obviously tweaking the charger is difficult with a NA VR6 ;)

Ha Ha Dave, So does BLACKG60 not say enough i dont just sign in as a car i wish i had!!!!! You know you love the block capital tittles :D

lol, true about the name :oops:

I do love the block capitals, just made me smile when I saw it, as I had a bet with myself it was you that had posted ;)

He has a point Mr therapor.

But you will have to be more specific. do you want to up the power or make her easy on the eye?

Anything and everything really, just 10 min ago took my dirty old alternator back to GSF and got £88+ in return which finally makes me smile today, oh yeah I've got old standard steering wheel under my desk and NON-amplified bee-sting if anyone wants {for a small donation} Am looking at making her look a bit cleaner and possibly ride a bit sweeter at the mo - she already has Jabba sport charger on and does go like stink! have been looking/pricing up RAM AIR air filter "hopefully should make her sound rude" just wondered if you boyz knew of any {hopefully cheap or FREE} tweeks or mod tips that i could do? tomorrow i'm takin off the rear wiper as i dont look out of the back window why do i need it wiped clean + have seen on some of your motors and it looks sweet, thanks for help :bounce2:

Nice thread but would be even better if it was easier to read - ie with photos as examples and collated into one long list.

Ahh, any chance of putting it (all possible mods) into the Wiki ?

Broken down into General C/VR6/G60/16v etc. Then link it upto the 'How to' pages. It would be a great page to refer to for everyone and might create some 'Must do' lists and also 'I wish I could' lists too 8)

Do you ask you mum what clothes to wear when you go out? No? me either, the thing is it is all about personal choices. the question you have asked is such an expansive one that it might not get answered to the level you are wanting. The thing about the little subtle mods that people do are just that, subtle. so they dont shout about them.

Have a gander at peoples cars in the galleries and come to your own conclusions dude.

Do you ask you mum what clothes to wear when you go out?

rofl :D

I'll take the bee sting off you mate, mine got bent whilst under a cover last year.

PM me your details and i'll get some cash Paypal'ed to you

Cheers Zippy, what a very good answer to my crap line of questioning - I will indeed have a butchers when i get chance, as far as the ask my mum what to wear line, no i dont but my bird does tell me and often when going round to see my old dear she does remark on the matter {what do girls know anyway} :notworthy:

How do i go about getting it to you Dave? you could always bomb your mates wedding and meet at castle combe? :2gunfire:

If you want a bit more noise from your G60 for free, open up the airbox and remove the snorkel from it.. its the sort of plastic trumpet like thing poking through the front!

You won't believe the difference in noise that it makes.. may give you a headache after a while though! :)

Just a wee word of advice, which I'm sure Darren at G-Werks will back me up on, whatever you do though...don't use a foam (e.g Pipercross or RamAir) filter on the induction pipe as the charger pulls in so much air with such force that tiny particles of foam are pulled in as well (as well as proving not to be as effective as gauze / cotton or papert element at filtering the air) and mixed with oil vapour forms an effective grinding paste that wears your charger quickly and prematurely, and ya really don't weant it to go bang !

Cheers and HTH