Sign in to follow this  
TIMMYVR

HIDDEN FUSES

Hello everyone, am just in the middle of fitting a new i s o lead to the jumble of wires from where the previous owner had massacred the plug! However i dont seem to be able to get switched ignition live and the wire stays at earth all the time. checked all the fuses and all are fine with continuity across them. Any ideas whether there are any more fuses hidden any where?

Mine's the same so I wired it to the constant live. I think it might be one of the symptoms of a dodgy ignition switch, but that could just be me imagining it.

Yep, perfect symptom of a knackered ignition switch.... probably best to replace teh switch to be honest as you may soon have trouble getting the car started if thats the fault. No real way to test it either without replacing....

Mark

AFAIK the early C's didnt have a switched live for the head unit. my old mk2 didnt nad my C with an early interior doesnt.

Im more than prepared to be wrong though!!

thanks for your help again everyone, what sort of money am i looking at for a new ignition switch? Timmy

Ayrton Senna ! (tenna)

someone did a nice little guide on how to do it, you need nimble fingers and a long tin screwdriver